Jan 22, 2006

PANDORA: Find Music You Love


Kyle Pfister - Heart Monitor (2005)


Pandora is a online music tool that begins with your request for a single artist or song title and builds an entire playlist for your listening pleasure. Because it believes in the individuality of each track, the program doesn't rely on categories, but rather "interesting musical similarities".

Check it out and post what you think! A substitute for your having your own digital library? Too restrictive? A way to find new music? The next legislative target? Too many Dave Matthews Band reccomendations when you request Radiohead?

www.pandora.com


4 comments

At Sunday, January 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool.

 
At Sunday, January 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats a fun site-i love seeing what they come up with

 
At Tuesday, January 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I rather like messing around with this Pandora thing. I think I don't like when it determines that I need to have more Ashlee Simpson or Lenny Kravitz in my life (and that is from a Franz Ferdinand, Postal Service and Death Cab for Cutie combined station "starting point," not from Jessica Simpson or Usher). I'm just not sure at this point...

 
At Tuesday, January 24, 2006, Blogger Kyle said...

Ashlee Simpson huh? Yeah she shouldn't be recommended to anyone. I have such paranoia from living in corporate infested capitalism that I can't help but think the reccomendations are selling something. But, I'm told their neutral...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home