Apr 5, 2006

Money, Clocks, Walls

Banksy - Untitled [Soho Square, London] (2006)

I don't want money. I don't want to buy anything. I don't want to be sold anything.
I don't want to work. I want to live.
But.
I don't want to be that rebellious, angry, dirty, poor, crazy, complaining other.
I don't want this to be so difficult.

"You have to take responsibility. There are consequence of your actions," they'll say.




Bright Eyes - A Scale, A Mirror, And Those Indifferent Clocks (mp3)





Kwaya Na Kisser has a bunch of live Bright Eyes tracks today including an amazing "Landlocked Blues".

I'm not sure why I relate more to randomness scrawled on walls than things like textbooks, billboards, and TV. But, spend some time studying Pictures of Walls. It's much more entertaining than it sounds and there will be a quiz.

When I first received the new People in Planes single "If You Talk To Much", I really enjoyed it. This is probably because it is designed to be immediately enjoyable, a characteristic which will (sometimes dangerously) launch a career. In addition to a video cycling more-than-regularly on MTV, the band will play live on Jimmy Kimmel tonight (12AM on NBC). When Apes Rule The Earth has a nice post featuring an acoustic track called "Moth" so you can jump on the bandwagon a little more informed than the inevitable 12-year-olds.

2 comments

At Thursday, April 06, 2006, Blogger Jenny said...

we could be well kempt zucchini growers .....

 
At Sunday, April 09, 2006, Blogger Jenny said...

Mike was just reading me a story out of the new york times ..... and then i realized i knew what he was talking about - the artist responsible for the phone booth. And I said, oh, Kyle just blogged about that.

So, conclusion? You're as, if not more reliable than the New York Times.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home