Apr 1, 2006

Sufjan's New Album: Sinning (and Singing) in Wisco!

Renoir - Landscape near Manton (1883)

Everyone's favourite indie folk darling Sufjan Stevens released a landmark hint about where he's been spending his time recently. Apparently, his upcoming album will detail the intricacies of my great state of Wisconsin! Sinning in Wisco will be the title of the third installament from the 50-state initiative that seems to be focusing first on the Midwest, and is wonderful surprise during what may be my last year in Wisconsin! I'm still a bit perplexed by the album's title and the seemingly flat (both in content and pitch) nature of his teaser track "Beddar Cheddar", but I'll reserve judgment until I hear the whole album. After experiencing the elations birthed from his stellar last albums and equally high-quality live performances, in my book Sufjan can do no wrong. And the song seems to support this for the most part, full of characteristically lush instrumentation (what is that high pitched instrument?) and catchy folk beauty. I'm just hoping there's a track about Madison!

Sufjan Stevens - Beddar Cheddar (mp3)

Preorder the new album
locally (Strictly Discs or B-Side in Madison) for its hyped release on June 14th!

11 comments

At Saturday, April 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha! Well done.

 
At Saturday, April 01, 2006, Blogger boyhowdy said...

:-) Hello from Hypemachine, where I've been wondering why there aren't more of these.

Those who trust links on april 1 deserve what they get.

 
At Saturday, April 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I fell for this, sadly.
I was so overjoyed.
Then.
GRRR.

 
At Sunday, April 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess what I did to your site. April Fool's

 
At Sunday, April 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

geez . . . and to think I was out of the loop . . .

eeheeeheeheeheeeheheehe
eheheeeheeheeh (those laughing creatures)

I think Sufjan would be outraged!

 
At Sunday, April 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

omggg. you totally had me, until i realized "take your medicine" had done the same thing with radiohead. but i still proceed to dl it. NOT FUNNY!

 
At Sunday, April 02, 2006, Blogger Jericho said...

Nice...you came really close to having a meme going there when I went to post it as Breaking News on Dane101. Then I did a quick google blog search and couldn't find a single other site talking about it...

and then I listened to the track.

Good work!

 
At Sunday, April 02, 2006, Blogger Kyle said...

Thanks for all the comments! Damn, I should post fake tracks more often to hear all your voices...

 
At Sunday, April 02, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

i like you, kyle. you're sneaky.

 
At Sunday, April 02, 2006, Blogger Kyle said...

ooooooo. katie, did i catch you listening to music during lent?

 
At Monday, April 03, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

no, you caught me:
- reading all the comments on this post
- realizing Beddar Cheddar was a fake song
- listening to a bunch of scary giggling monsters

...although it did feel good to see itunes open on my desktop, if only for 15 seconds :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home