Jun 9, 2006

The Daily Envelope

Nina Saunders - Autum Leaves (2006)

I have managed to make myself completely nocturnal and tragically undesirable to the corporate world. You can find me curled up in the shadowed womb of my closet, huffing spray paint and floating towards the solacing freedom of 4 o'clock in the morning. I don't remember how I ever lived without the envelope of witnessing both the sunset and the sunrise in one day.

The culmination of my last three weeks of consciousness is a surrealist mathematical formula I invented to counteract the debt that has recently consumed the last bits of my savings account. It sums all my unprofitable artistic efforts and philosophical commitments and multiplies the total by an unwavering egoist entitlement. If the majority of conflicts and personal unhappiness are caused by financial concerns, there must be a market for a psychologically-empowering creative accounting practice. Beautifully reassuring surreal solutions for the financially hopeless. I could do that for a living.

I've tried to sculpt the aforementioned daily trials into a mini-playlist that follows. Caroline captures the ethereal sunrise with her airy, timid beauty; Maritime shoots the day star across the sky with the manic activity of an aerobic summer afternoon; Rebekah del Rio tucks it into bed under a familiar blanket of unresolved loneliness; and Sunset Rubdown hides in its dreams.

Caroline - Sunrise (mp3)

Maritime - Tearing Up The Oxygen (mp3)

Rebekah del Rio - Llorando (mp3)

Sunset Rubdown - Shut Up, I'm Dreaming of Places Where Lovers Have Wings (mp3)

0 comments

Post a Comment

<< Home