Aug 1, 2006

Condoleezza:

Cover of The Independent (July 21, 2006)
Following are a couple of tracks that are rawer than my usual style, but lately politics make me scream. In fact, I've been watching so much more news while I'm cooped up watching cable with cables attached to my body that I'm at greater risk of overdosing on 24 hour CNN than the research drug. With a tragically floudnering war in Iraq and the US via Condoleezza opposing an immediate cease-fire in the Isreali / Lebanese conflict, the US government continues to exist in the crossfire of endless war and drowning in associated death. Take a minute in the peace of your safe home to grieve the real human consequences of these wars here and here.

The Majestic Twelve - Condoleezza, Check My Posse (mp3)
This is from a brand new CD called Schizophrenology. The band says it doesn't want to be "political", but I don't really know what that means. Maybe they don't want to be ONLY political or sacrifice quality music for politics. But just like most of us don't want to be responsible for all of this death at the hands of our interests, we don't really have a choice these days.

Ladyhawk - War (mp3)
This Vancouver band is blatant rock with an air of quality, but swagger of indifference. I love sound that just hits you and sticks. You can see them live as they come through on tour with Magnolia Electic Co.

Checkout a thoughtful new video from the band Against Me! for their song "From Her Lips to God's Ears", drafted as an pleading interrogation of Condoleezza Rice and her wartime strategies... apparently with Wizard of Oz references.



Against Me! - From Her Lips to God's Ears

2 comments

At Tuesday, August 01, 2006, Blogger marathonpacks said...

This is great man, and made me mentally reference "Clockwork Orange" when you talked about your current experipredicament.

 
At Thursday, August 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job, I've enjoyed reading that. Thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home