Sep 13, 2006

Bunnies and Teddybears

Eduardo Kac - GFP Bunny (2000)
Her real name is "Alba", and she is a transgenic rabbit that glows with green fluorescent protein.

I haven't fully gotten into the Teddybears, but I feel like I'm missing something because the constant buzz is making them hard to ignore. Much like the GFP Bunny, they sit in the distance and there is something appealing, but questionably strange about them. I know the bunny has a synthetic genenetic mutation, but can you identify the Teddybears' defect? Or maybe mine?

Teddybears - Yours to Keep [Annie Remix] (mp3)

Teddybears - Cobrastyle [Diplo Remix] (mp3)

Teddybears - Punkrocker [Squeak E Clean Remix] (mp3)

1 comments

At Thursday, September 14, 2006, Blogger Jenny said...

According to Courtney (although I did not find them all that fabulous either) the defect with this group is that, "they're just annoying. It's not techno and it's not NOT techno..... it's like techno meets Outkast. Tell me I'm wrong!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home