Nov 7, 2006

Stereophonic Musical Arranged Contests

Amanda Ross-Ho - 100 Arranged Marriages (2003)

This Amanda Ross-Ho sculture is one of 100 Arranged Marriages she orchestrated between random objects found strewn throughout her studio and house. I've been collecting some romantic objects myself and will be sending them to "sleepnotwork", "jenny", and "miranda"... lucky readers and winners of the Super Crazyish Halloween Giveaway Extravaganza Bonanza and its associated prize packages. Please email your mailing addresses to ImJustSayinIsAll@gmail.com by Friday to redeem your goodies.

But the fun doesn't end there! Commenters in the next two weeks will be entered to win one of three Borat posters and either a copy of his CD or a sticker! Has anyone see this movie-film yet? I found his making-promotion on Conan to be quite informative... about the nature of Conan's pubis and to watch out for a lady named Shirley who left his "anus was hang loose like a tired dog". Aside from the anti-semetic comedy classics including "In My Country There Is Problem", Borat's track "Born to Be Wild" is suprisingly fresh in this age of Man Man's yelping instrumentation, everyone's staccatoed vocalizations, Beirut's worldly eclectisism, and the thoughtful poignance of ironic covers.

Borat - Born to be Wild (mp3)

3 comments

At Wednesday, November 08, 2006, Blogger Jenny said...

do you really need my address?

I like the arranged marriages. You know, if those Gays are allowed to get married, where do we stop? Maybe I could marry my cat and you could marry your Saab. Then we could be poligamists and marry three other people and then air pollution will increase and poverty rates will sky rocket as will the divorce rates for straight couples.

All we'd be doing by letting such a crazy thing happen would be delaying the reserrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and who wants that??

 
At Wednesday, November 08, 2006, Blogger Kyle said...

Well, now that the populus has spoken and asserted its desire for the state to be in the business of arranging marriages... I thought I'd make my contribution. Oh, how I love democracy.

 
At Wednesday, November 08, 2006, Blogger courtney said...

no worries. i am just prone to overracting to criticism. but in my own defense, sometimes i just don't have anything to say for extended periods of time. on another note, nothing says love like a cotton ball rubber-banded to a can of pbr. nice work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home