Apr 20, 2007

Dr. Sketchy's Anti-Art School

Yoshitaka Amano - Untitled (2004)

Sharpen your pencils and head to the High Noon Saloon on Sunday (April 22nd from 2-5) for drinking and debauchery in the name of art. Madison's chapter of Dr. Sketchy's is premiering Dr. Sketchy's Anti-Art School, a cabaret-style life-drawing salon featuring Randi O'Toole and hosted by Olive Talique of Cherry Pop Burlesque. It promises passionate poses for your doodles, contests for your skills, and beer for your inhibitions... as an "art class without the class". If you attend, make sure to scan and email me one of your resultant masterpieces and I'll post it.

Scissor Sisters - Tits on the Radio (mp3)

3 comments

At Saturday, April 21, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

While I haven't attended a Dr. Sketchy's yet, I have met its lovely creator, Molly Crabapple, and I curse that I never took a life drawing class while she herself was a nude model.

BTW, that Amano image is of Swan Jun, G-3, from Kagaku Ninjatai Gatchaman, or, if you want to be domestic about it, Princess of Battle of the Planets or Agatha of G-Force. (If I cared enough I could provide you with her identity in Eagle Riders, but that version is better left forgotten.) If you know of any other drawings Amano did of those characters, point me in that direction.

 
At Sunday, April 22, 2007, Blogger Kyle said...

Wow, I appreciate your extensive knowledge on this subject... this particular image is from a past Amano exbhibition at Galerie Edward Mitterrand in Geneva, Switzerland (link).

 
At Monday, April 23, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to a grade school with a guy who was absolutely in love with Princess. It kinda creeped me out. (Love the picture, though.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home