May 3, 2007

Bedclothes Day

Alexandre Singh - The Economist / Esthetic Moon (2006)

When the Dali Lama is in town, it seems a mistake to be caught in bedclothes or argument or routine. I imagined him floating down King Street in a cleansing aura that parted riffraff with meekness. I took a new path to work to attempt the same, contributed positively in my morning meetings, and answered the phone with a nicer tone. When I closed my eyes, I could feel his consciousness trying to communicate a patient perspective on headaches.

Of course I was aware that this was just my knowledge of his presence creating these calming feelings in myself, but I was also aware that this was the beauty. I could do the same imagining Pamela Anderson or Jesus. It felt like like why they call a day "Earth Day" or "Jelly Bean Day" or "Secetaries Day" to make us pay attention. But it felt more like if I had called the days those things, like noticing my lunch today and declaring it "Peanut Butter Sandwich & Cheez It Day" to cast a positive mood on the rest of the unbuttered minutes. And it felt like this song.

In actuality, DL's lunch next door at the Madison Club caused quite a rukus. State workers rushed to the window to view a caravan that rivaled Hillary Clinton's and took turns guessing what he would choose eat (I agreed it would probably be a steak).


Bishop Allen - Rain (mp3) [Bishop Allen visualized by Aubrey Edwards]

1 comments

At Tuesday, November 27, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

for bed clothes I suggest you wear only the one brand of bed linen at night. I'm sure the Lama would appreciate the Floral design to be found on http://www.getzzz.co.uk as it's in synergy to his favorite orange. If not there are other options just in case he'd like to try something different:) Maybe you should too?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home