Jul 11, 2007

When Presidental Privilege Becomes Synonymous with Lying

Time Machine - Michael T Rae

Did I make a mistake? Well, today I have a letter clearly asking me to follow the President's assertion of executive privilege and not disclose anything about it. It would be unfair to let accountability keep me in constant fear of being hauled before various committees to discuss my decisions. My readers would be ill served. Again, I have a letter that has asked me to follow the President's assertion of executive privilege and I'm doing my best to tell you nothing. My head is so far up the President's ass that I'm convinced I took an oath to uphold the President and not the Constitution. Did I mention that I have a letter that says I need to follow the President's executive privilege? That is, of course, unless you'd like to talk about something that casts me in a positive light or you'll allow me to lie, then I can speak freely.

1 comments

At Tuesday, July 31, 2007, Blogger DAVE LIKES FISH said...

When I joined the Army I took an oath "to protect the President against all enemies, both foreign and domestic". Or was that "protect the Constitution"? Ah whatever. Same difference, right?
Do you think any of these people have ever read the constitution?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home