Dec 12, 2007

Comfortable At This

J. Shimon and J. Lindemann - RJ at Punk House (1996)

In the place of veins, I've got streams. Instead of steps, I've got beats. My journal is scribbles sung and my daily trials professed epics, just like that unnamed guy Christina Aguilera is always singing about. I don't drink coffee, I simultaneously bathe and motivate my vocal chords. When I squeeze my shoes on quick, I can feel a little shard of the melody stuck between my toes. I call you, and you're recorded. I touch you, and you're amplified. And when it's quiet, I spill like a tambourine.

David Ace Dean - One Year Older (mp3)

4 comments

At Wednesday, December 19, 2007, Blogger Ian Gort said...

nice, shimon/ lindemann took my photo a long time ago...where did you get that one?

 
At Wednesday, December 19, 2007, Blogger Ian Gort said...

i went to high school with that guy in the photo

 
At Wednesday, December 19, 2007, Blogger Kyle said...

that's really rad. do you have your photo? i picked up RJ's at this French site: http://www.galerie-photo.com/shimon-lindemann_english.html

 
At Wednesday, December 19, 2007, Blogger Ian Gort said...

no i never got a copy. they took the photo of me with the author mike magnusson. i don't know if it ever turned out.
they live in the in the same town i lived in until recently (i just moved to madison this year)

a lot of their work can be found at:
http://www.shimonlindemann.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home