Dec 15, 2007

Of The Cut

Claerwen James - Hester In Black Tights (2004)

Rachel cuts my hair in the kitchen with a tablecloth tied snug around my neck. She hums while the radio says things like - this is the end of the world - and my neighbor can be heard yelling - this is not my shovel, where is my goddamned shovel. I didn't take the shovel, I'm just getting my haircut. But I don't open my eyes to argue. Her gentle snips sever protein my nutrition worked so hard to birth, I think to myself. But the investment of energy that once yielded invaluable warmth now yields a regular inconvenience. Her snips now sever the weight of days, the wasted keratin, the gravitational pressure of impressions. She stops for a second to ask what I think. I hestitate. Of the cut - she says.

Rachel Ries - Here We Lie In Wait (mp3)


Rachel Ries - Fine, I'm Fine (mp3) [buy]

3 comments

At Tuesday, December 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope this doesn't mean you got your hair cut without me doing the cutting :)

 
At Tuesday, December 18, 2007, Blogger Kyle said...

only in my imagination... in fact i am exceptionally scruffy right now.

 
At Thursday, December 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great tracks. Nice find.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home