Apr 6, 2008

If I Could Cry

Martin Creed - Work #503 (2006)

I wanted to be the person that came to you with answers. "I've figured it out," I'd say. "Our society can rise up and be enlightened". Apparently, my tiny actions were art to motivate Pangean shifts in this situation and I knew better than the rest. Talking about abstract concepts were important transformations for people I had never met. Instead, this speech is about failure. About empty rooms. About thinking something could be changed without defining what that was. About trying to satiate a personal need with shallow attempts at glory. I'm sorry for putting that on you. It was a strange time in life, I'd think... strangely as I was still here. "It's time to go to sleep." I'd say. I'd be more than right. And I'd set the pen on the pillow. And still wonder where you were tonight.

Jens Lekman - If I Could Cry [It Would Feel Like This] (mp3)

1 comments

At Thursday, April 10, 2008, Blogger Zay said...

check out the Spoolwork and Hood Internet remixes. Pretty good stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home