Oct 20, 2008

Broken Up

Kalle Kataila - Contemplation, Somerset (2004)

I'm breaking up with an idea, and it hurts just as hard. I tell myself the same things that millions have used to gauze their breakup wounds; that this is a new beginning, that this will make me stronger, that everything happens for a reason. I've rationally described to myself that my ego is causing my own pain. I'm making realistic plans for how I'll react when I run into the idea at a bar, when it goes on to success without me, when it calls me late at night for help. I'm trying to keep my distance, keep it positive, keep myself busy with other things. I've made lists of all the reasons the idea is awful, and lists of every place I failed. I've already carved out several scenarios where we get back together and am trying not to think about them obsessively. I guess these things just take time.

Kath Bloom & Loren Mazzacane Connors - Broken Dreams (mp3)


2 comments

At Monday, October 20, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the photographers name is Kalle Kataila.

 
At Monday, October 20, 2008, Blogger Kyle said...

Thanks for the correction!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home