Nov 24, 2008

Only One Way Out

Andrea Diefenbach - Untitled (2006)

I'm sure you've noticed recently, but I'd give most anything for a piano. Maybe it's idle hands or empty rooms or too much electronic music this summer. But I feel there's something running through my veins that I can't explain until it drips out my fingers. Tapping helps me hear that I am the sound of something greater. That I am not the pianist. Also, I'm sure you've noticed that I repeat myself when I'm trying to say something important. I'll wander away briefly to offer evidence, but find myself winding back to vocalize my point yet again like a radio-friendly chorus. Because I think you haven't heard. A piano, buy me a piano.

Civil Twlight - Human (mp3)

2 comments

At Wednesday, November 26, 2008, Blogger Reem Tara said...

I definitely will not buy you a piano, but you can come play mine sometime. It has headphones, which I think makes people play better sometimes. Not better skill-wise - better in a million other ways. But maybe it makes people care more when they play...

I could probably write a thesis on that, but for now, I'll just stick to inviting you to my piano.

 
At Thursday, December 11, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

come over and play! We'll do "Like Spinning Plates" like the good ol' days.

RIP Club 770!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home