Mar 28, 2009

Larry the Logroller

Waubeno, WI

Most of the things you admire are stoic, so I wasn't surprised when you showed up last night with Larry the Logroller on your arm. He stood thirty feet tall and hollow with a whiskey sour, seemingly unaffected by the entire bar attempting a Taylor Swift chorus in unison. Around his fiberglass wrists were the bracelets of snow you once used to keep me cold and praying and I recognized your bird shit on his shoulders. And still, as I watched you press your lips against his face and walk to the restroom, I stayed quiet and far like you prefered. I stayed in my spot, standing along your highway across the countryside like the others, waiting for your return.

Cedarwell Meeting a Friend (mp3) [Sheboygan, WI]


Labels:

5 comments

At Monday, March 30, 2009, Anonymous beth said...

come to milwaukee and listen to robbie and me!

 
At Tuesday, March 31, 2009, Blogger Unknown said...

cedarwell! great stuff.

 
At Sunday, April 05, 2009, Blogger Nic Buron said...

I love this post! Of course.

I also love Taylor Swift:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRKHaeauc2E&feature=related

Who is that handsome devil, who saves the day about a 1:30 in to the video?

 
At Tuesday, April 07, 2009, Blogger chris said...

The world needs a map with geotagged photos of every oversized fiberglass figure in existence.

 
At Thursday, April 09, 2009, Blogger Jenny said...

I miss you. And road trips. I miss you and I on a road trip to see castles and salt & pepper shaker museums and the world's largest Jesus resurrecting from a man-made lake.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home