May 26, 2009

Great Songs of 2008: 111-120

Sorry I've slowed nearing the end of this huge list of Great Songs of 2008, but there are just so many... including a broken heart singing for itself, the unexplainable age of a 28-year-old's debut vocal, a song I included purely because I'm addicted to the way the singer re-pronounces "HE-E-EA-ED" (he tried to warn you), a genuine serenade to the resilience of the pinky toe, and a pale Portland woman who swallows her high-pitch deep and dull to quiet it for bed.

111) Shelley Short - Swimming (mp3)

112) Gnarls Barkley - Who's Gonna Save My Soul (mp3)

113) My Brightest Diamond - Inside A Boy (mp3)

114) Aron Wright - To the Country (mp3)

115) Sia - Soon We'll Be Found (mp3)

116) Why? - The Hollows (mp3)

117) Mason Proper - Fog (mp3)

118) A Weather - Pinky Toe (mp3)

119) Damien Jurado - Caskets (mp3)

120) Dr. Dog - The Old Days (mp3)


Download 111-120 as a zip file.


3 comments

At Wednesday, May 27, 2009, Blogger wallrock said...

Alopecia took a while to really sink in. I was pretty taken with Why? from seeing them open for the Silver Jews back a few years and Elephant Eyelash was an immediate favorite, so I'll admit I was a bit disappointed on first listen. Fortunately, time has proven my initial opinion false.

 
At Monday, June 01, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Winning a desirable prize helps me connect to the universe.
Uncle Dave

 
At Thursday, June 25, 2009, Blogger Nic Buron said...

Okay, it's been about a month. I am going through withdrawals.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home