Great Songs of 2008: 131-140
And so it's the end of the Great Songs of 2008 list at last. I've rounded to an even 140 songs because, for some reason, an even multiple of ten seemed important. That's a lot of notable albums in one year. So many that I've been incredibly, and hopefully not inextricably, distracted from the moments of 2009. I have, for a moment, become that uncle of yours who listens only to music from 1967, when the experience of Jimi Hendix in Strawberry Fields with The Velvet Underground and quadaphonic sound just stopped music forever for him. Only I'm that for 2008... a strange year of pop hip hop and electro dance rock and pretentiously fragile indie choruses and punky psychedelia. Flash forward to me still sitting on a lawnchair today mumbling about how there couldn't have been more amazing Mount Eerie songs packed into 2008. Yeah, it's time to move on.
So here's the rest, the end, the sounds of my sentence trailing off. We finish with songs that should've been much higher in the list... mmhm... oooahh... hey... nuff said.
131) Erykah Badu - Soldier (mp3)
132) Ponytail - Celebrate The Body Electric (mp3)
133) The Gaslight Anthem - Great Expectations (mp3)
134) South San Gabriel - Emma Jane (mp3)
135) Sun Kil Moon - Like The River (mp3)
136) Jentri Colello - Daisies (mp3)
137) Death Cab for Cutie - Grapevine Fires (mp3)
138) Deerhunter - Nothing Ever Happened (mp3)
139) Violens - Violent Sensation Descends (mp3)
140) Young Jeezy (ft. Jay-Z) - Put On (mp3)
Download 131-140 as a zip file.
What did I miss? Feel free to add your additions to the list in the comments.