Jul 16, 2009

Preview: Mad Fork Fest 2009

Phillip Toledano - Phone Sex (2008)

Gary was watching a
"World's strongest women" show and
saw a woman pick up a motorcycle.

"Oh I could do that," I offered

"Could you?" he responded, breathless.
"Yes. How much do you weigh?"
"160."
"Oh. I could bench press two of you."
"Oh my god...
I'd like to see you lift up my girlfriend's car."
"What kind of car does she have?"
"A Mazda Miata."
"Oh yes, I could pick up a Miata.
In fact, I would love to."
"Really?!?!?! Oh my god!
What if my girlfriend was inside?"
"I would just pick it up,
lift it to shoulder level,
and then hoist it up over my head,
with your girlfriend inside.
I'd slowly turn around in a circle
with it held up in the air,
with your girlfriend screaming
in the front seat."

A part of me may miss getting paid for this
when I move on.

Excerpt from "Phone Sex" (2008)

See all the following acts for free at the Memorial Union Terrace tomorrow night (Friday, July 17th starting at 6pm) as part of the second annual "Mad Fork Fest", curated by the ever-ambitious WUD music kids.

Yeasayer - Tightrope (mp3)
Ponytail - Beg Waves (mp3)
The Antlers - Two (mp3)
The Duchess and the Duke - Reservoir Park (mp3)
Cymbals Eat Guitars - Wind Phoenix (mp3)


3 comments

At Sunday, July 19, 2009, Anonymous bethw said...

quite a weekend there, my love.

Is 9/9 a weekend? Please say yes.

 
At Tuesday, July 21, 2009, Blogger Kyle said...

Yes, Sunday.

 
At Tuesday, August 04, 2009, Blogger Ry said...

can't believe i missed yeasayer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home