Jul 25, 2009

Wiillows of Carbeth

Liu Bolin [from The Invisible Man]

Trembling Bells - Willows Of Carbeth (mp3): This song reminds me of my parents. It's one where I can imagine my mom looking up from her book and stating she really likes the voice. "Who is this?" she'd ask, but never remember. I take that back, she might remember it again just as the first guests pull into the driveway for Christmas and ask me to put it on. My dad would pull a burned CD-R out of the "T for Trembling" 2009 stack and note (again) that it reminds him of Fairport Convention. Over dinner my mom would raise her glass of wine and lovingly thank everyone and everything including "that song... from before... the nice old one, you know... that sounded like..." And my dad would say "it's a new song, and it sounds like Fairport Convention".

3 comments

At Saturday, July 25, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this. Thank you.

 
At Friday, July 31, 2009, Anonymous molly said...

you describe mom and dad so perfectly. i just saw that exact moment happen in my mind...probably because i have witnessed it before.

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009, Blogger Jamie said...

did lauren send you a link about liu?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home