Aug 30, 2009

A Biting Bite

Carter - Polaroid #5 (2005)

Brown sugar is pressed into unnaturally firm turkey bacon and then sprinkled with chili powder, a little too much chili power. Slid in a 400 degree oven, the glaze burns black and bubbles on the tin foil, the bacon turns to jerky. A bite, a hot bite of chili bites back. The back of my arms are already bitten this morning from leaving the windows open and hopeful last night. Turkey bacon isn't a healthy choice when caramelized. I have also been missing my keys for months, I remember. Every day I hope the landlord doesn't swing by and lock the inside door because I've lost its key. Ace Hardware is closed. I would log my breakfast in the context of my allotted calories for the day, but I'm waiting for the correct spreadsheet to hang on the wall, and I only have a printer at work.

But this morning was supposed to be different. Last night I decided that every single minute is created new. They are not offered stale or passing or promised, I decided. They are the bite, and they are to be bitten. Usually my rider states that in my bowl of minutes, I only want the browns. Good thing we're not allowed riders.

St. Vincent - Save Me From What I Want (mp3)


0 comments

Post a Comment

<< Home