Jan 6, 2010

A Refresh

Kristin Lucas - Refresh (2007) [courtroom sketch of the performance art]

"On October 5, 2007 I became the most current version of myself when I succeeded in legally changing my name from Kristin Sue Lucas to Kristin Sue Lucas in a Superior Court of California courtroom. On the name change petition that I submitted, I wrote: "Refresh", as the reason for the change. After a philosophical debate on perception of change, and two hearing dates, the presiding judge who granted the request said: So you have changed your name to exactly what it was before in the spirit of refreshing yourself as though you were a web page."

Read the full, amazing transcript here.

Boat - Name Tossers (mp3)


2 comments

At Wednesday, January 06, 2010, Blogger Nic Buron said...

Two posts in one day. What is it my birthday?

 
At Wednesday, January 06, 2010, Blogger Kyle said...

Happy birthday everyone, this one's for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home